Learn From Lisa Blog

New live streaming app now available for Android

Streaming dev guru Paul Gregoire just launched his new app, Broadcaster, for Android last week, and he’s already been hard at work upgrading it, adding a Pro version.

Broadcaster Pro works like Flash Media Live Encoder, but works flawlessly on an Android device. You can now stream FLV or F4V video over RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPS, or RTMPE, and choose live, record, or append modes. The app recognizes your phone or tablet’s camera and streams it to a media server for delivery. He’s tested this using Wowza, Flash Media Server, and Red5.

Posted in: Encoding, Flash Media Server, Web Video News

Leave a Comment (8) ↓

8 Comments

1. Peter Barlow January 23, 2012

I downloaded the free version and had that up and working in seconds over our FMS4.5 setup and the HTC sensation. Really impressed so just bought the Pro version now and looking forward to having a play with the new features like H264. Nice one Paul.

2. Amit Sharma October 5, 2012

I tried to use this app on my Rickomagic MK802 PC on Stick Android device. I have already upgraded it to Android 4.0.4 so that the support of USB Webcam could be utilized. When I tried to download it from the Playstore, it says that the app is not compatible with this device. I am really looking forward to use it . Please suggest how to go about this…

3. Rui July 17, 2013

JUST DONT THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY. PURCHASED TO TRANSMIT TO YOUTUBE LIVE, JUST DONT WORK. SEVERAL TYPE OF ERRORS. DO NOT COMPRESS IN H264 AS IT SAYS, NO AAC COMPRESSION FOR AUDIO, GOP, AND KEYFRAMES ERRORS…

• Lisa July 17, 2013

Sorry to hear you had trouble with the app, Rui. Have you tried getting in touch with the developer? Unfortunately H.264 is not allowed on some phones/carriers, as noted in the app description.

4. John August 22, 2014

Looking for an encoder/broadcaster app to be able to stream real time audio/video from my android 4.4 phone to YouTube via RTMP. I’ve downloaded several such apps from various developers and none of them work. Including this one. I’ve emailed each developer for their input and have only heard back from one stating that theirs has nbot been tested with YouTube.

5. Ana May 7, 2015

Hello, how to download this app? thx in advance 🙂

6. Ana May 26, 2015

Thank you.
    I have question:
    I streaming by USTREAM free account, but always video is in flv format and video is really bad.
    So this live encoder what functions have? Can I use it for USTREAM and is encoder will make video much better? Or the functions of encoder are different?